This post was inspired by a friend that inquired about journalling. I journal every day, however, there are the odd times where I skip a day or two in the week due to work/ travel. I have been able to make journalling a routine and it has helped me gain a better understanding of my experience. I didn’t just wake up and have words fall on sheets. It took DELIBERATE practice. It all started with a pen, a designated notebook and setting out time to write. I began with writing about my dreams, unravelling thoughts, discoveries, ideas, lessons and soon my journal encompassed my life’s journey.
The benefits of journaling are endless, here are a few: getting ideas on paper, gain clarity, reduces over-thinking, ability to plan, interpretation of events, layout details, a safe space without criticism, and problem-solving.
What are your experiences with journaling?
1. What are you grateful for?
2. What was the dream you had last night?
3. What is your purpose?
4. What did you learn?
5. Three things you will do differently?
6. One area of your life you want to improve about yourself?
7. What limiting beliefs do you have?
8. What is your vision about yourself and your life?
9. What is my relationship with money?
10. What about your body are you self conscious about?
11. What do you enjoy most about your favourite hobby?
12. Who are you?
13. What do you want?
14. What was one of the most painful experiences you had? What did you learn?
15. If you had an abundance of money and you did not have to worry about the criticism of others, what would you do about your life?
16. What is the next thing you want to learn?
17. What was one of your favourite childhood memories?
18. What major failure shaped your life?
19. What is my intention for today?
20. Who would you like to reach out to?
21. What relationships would you like to spend more time on?
22. What country do you wish to travel to?
23. What is the best book you read?
24. Who in your life has been influential in your growth and why?
25. What are your monetary goals?
26. What relationships do you want to end or create boundaries?
27. Describe a nightmare?
28. One of the most memorable moments you shared with a loved one that passed away.
29. What decisions are you delaying/procrastinating?
30. How are you choosing to respond to criticisms?
31. What advice would you give to your younger self?
32. What are you afraid of?
33. What areas in your life do you need mentorship or guidance?
34. Do you have any regrets?
Hi, I’m Kimberly Ihekwoaba and I am a multimedia storyteller. I entertain, educate, and empower people around the world through the power of storytelling. Check out my blog for my latest posts.
Copyright ©2020 Kihek Creations
Does this resonate with you? Share, Comment, or hit Like
One thought on “Journaling 101 and Prompts”